Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 2 of no Gluten!   I am very proud of myself.  I don't know exactly why this was such a hard thing for me to do, but it was.  Maybe I'll begin to understand my resistance better.  (What I DO know is that I do not like feeling deprived...that's a big deal for me).

Anyway, I was very down after breakfast, and then worse after lunch.   Here are my reviews:

Barbara's Puffins Honey Rice Cereal (ick....I give it a 3.  I woulda given it a 2 were it not for the crunch).

I even mixed it with Nature's Path Oranic "Summer Berries and Granola"...and put both cereals in vanilla/coconut almond milk.  Even with all that...breakfast pretty much sucked.  I can't tell how to rate the granola until I try it alone.

For lunch, I couldn't even finish my P and J sandwich!  Why?  Because the Gluten-free bread was disgusting!    Stay away from Glutino's Multigrain bread.  And I have a hunch that ANY of their bread would suck.   Even with the unusual amount of peanut butter and jelly that I put in, couldn't help me to finish it.  UGH.  I give it a 2.

Ah but Ms. Gluten has redeemed herself at dinner time.  I made an incredible baked chicken, breaded with "Gillians" Bread Crumbs.  Yum!  I give that an 8!  It probably helped that I marinated it all day in Italian dressing and after breading the cutlets, threw some white wine on it!  tee hee.   Well...still the meal was yummy.  I served it with fresh cooked beets and roasted brussel sprouts (both bought at a farm market).   What a fabulous meal!  Stu said if he had this at a restaurant he'd be going "mmmmmmmmmm" and wanting to go back!

Yay.  Day 2 started out rough...but I'm feeling more optimistic now.  Plus I'm getting some good ideas and feedback from some online folks on facebook.  AND...Diane agreed to be my "Gluten Sponsor".     Let's see how long I can keep this up!  

So far, no weight loss...but that's not what this is about.  If my belly goes down...and I have less pains, I'll know it's the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment